Thursday, May 17, 2012

How I Eat Alien Eggs ( How I Simply Eat Natto )

       Natto is a traditional Japanese food. It is basically fermented soy beans and its usually eaten for breakfast. Many people mostly foreigners don`t like natto because it has a very strong smell, the texture is slimy and it  really looks like alien egg sacs!  But surprisingly natto really tastes good especially when you`re used to eating it already and when you know how you`re going to eat it your way.  Natto is also rich in protein and a very healthy food.  Here is how I simply eat my alien eggs!;P 

        
       A pack of natto contains a small packet of karashi  mustard sauce and a dashi based sauce.  I don`t like karashi  so I discard it or give it to my husband because he likes his natto with karashi mustard.  I only  use the dashi based sauce.

       
       After I mix in the dashi sauce, I sprinkle a pinch of sugar on my natto.

       
       Next, I start mixing the natto, dashi sauce and sugar until the texture becomes thick and slimier. Disgustingly slimier, the better!;D When the natto turns to my desired texture, that`s when I know it`s ready to eat. 

       Here`s how I want my desired natto texture to look like. ;) 


       Sometimes, I eat natto by itself but most of the time I like to top it on a bowl of white rice. :D Im now ready to eat these alien eggs! Itadakimasu! ;D

      There are a lot of ways to eat natto. I even sometimes add raw egg in it and I know someone who likes to eat natto with white bread! lol ;D  How do you eat natto?  Feel free to comment your style on how to eat alien eggs below! ;D 
       


4 comments:

  1. i like mine with raw egg and shoyu. haven't tried it with sugar yet. ma-try nga minsan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I add shoyu too sometimes when the dashi isnt that strong. :)) Yeah, try it with just a pinch of sugar. Salty and a little sweet.:) I heard that some people eat it with curry rice. Weird but maybe ill try it next time. hehehe

      Delete
  2. although i don't eat natto, it's yummy daw with tempura crumbs! try it din!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i like tempura crumbs! that sounds good to try!:D

      Delete