Thursday, August 30, 2012

El Pancho (My first restaurant review;p)


After my salon disaster experience, my friend and I were starving as we stepped out of the salon. We headed straight to this well known Mexican bar/restaurant in Shinsaibashi called El Pancho.  Its not actually the first time ive been there. Ive been a loyal customer to them ever since my ex coworkers took me there to celebrate another coworkers birthday. I fell in love with El Pancho`s restaurant interior and authentic Mexican cuisine. It makes you forget that you are just around busy Shinsaibashi and gives the feeling that you are actually in a neighborhood bar/restaurant in Mexico. I thought it was really a good place to take my friend there since she was craving for Mexican food too.:) 

Since we were quite in a hurry to get home, we hesitated to go there at first because its always packed with customers on the weekends and the place isnt that big.  Luckily, the place still had a couple of vacant tables when my friend called to ask while we were on the way.  We were glad that we didnt had to wait outside for earlier customers to finish and leave the place.  Usually, El Pancho have customers patiently waiting outside the door especially on happy hours. As we walked in, we waited for a few minutes for the waitresses to accommodate us `cause they were busy serving. For me, its always a good thing when you see a busy restaurant.  You`ll know that the food is good and the customers are happy and satisfied. Im not surprised that they`re busy though.  El Pancho is a crowd favorite way back even before I first dined in the place. Well, duh... it was established in 1979! I wasnt even born that time. ;P

We first ordered their famous American Style Nachos. It was so sinful but we loved every piece of those guacamole, cheese and sour cream loaded nachos in our sinful mouths.  For 740 yen the serving was very generous for two ladies, not to mention the other lady (ME)  is a big heavy eater and I am not on a diet. We couldnt even finish the few servings left on the plate.

El Pancho`s American Nachos

 My friend, Rika ordered their Chicken Chili Quesadilla. Again it had sour cream, frijoles refritos (refried beans) and cheese like most Mexican food have so it was also definitely calorie sinfully rated. The quesadilla was really good but if youre not a hot and spicy eater that much, me and my friend wouldnt recommend it. The small slices of chili peppers made her give it up after a couple of slices.  We both agreed to take a pass on the chili quesadillas or just order it as a side dish when we decide to come over to drink and enjoy the margaritas next time. We also couldnt finish all of it so my friend decided to take home the rest. For 840 yen it was indeed a very generous serving for two people.
Chicken Chili Quesadilla ( Someone was excited to try it!;P lol )
Next, I ordered El Pancho`s Chicken Chimichanga and yes of course I loved every bit of it! I tried their Beef Chimichanga before and it was also great.  The serving was two big fully stuffed pieces of chimichangas. My friend and I shared one piece and thats when we felt we were too full already, we couldnt even manage to drink more. I decided to take home the remaining piece then.  For the price, err... Im sorry I forgot how much was it but im very sure it wasnt over 1000 yen!;D lol!;P

Chicken Chimichanga  ( Almost forgot to take a picture!;P )
El Pancho also has a wide range of drinks. From Mexican beers like Corona and other liquor/cocktails like margaritas (highly recommended especially for groups), tequila, mojitos to non-alchoholic beverages like their famous fresh hand-squeezed lemonade. The drinks are a bit pricey though like how the usual Japanese bars charge their drinks. When youre a bit short on the budget or just plain stingy, you can always ask for water anyway. Just tell the waitress that youre going easy with the drinks to manage your calorie intake because Mexican food is fattening. ;P (Just kidding;P)

I will surely go back and dine at El Pancho every time I`ll have Mexican food cravings or PMS cravings. I highly recommend this wonderful small and cozy place. That it my verdict!;D  I still have lots of dishes to try there too and did I mention that they serve vegetarian meals? Yes they do!;D  Next time im going to try their taquitos, enchiladas and some of their liquored drinks. As for my friend, well she came back to eat at El Pancho with her family a week later.:)) Enough said!:D

What to eat? hmmm...;P
Taking pictures while waiting for our food. ;)
A post with hand writings of dates and names from satisfied customers.  Top Right: A cute steel cactus ornament. Bottom Right: A painted picture of a Mexican boy on the wall.
Hand written decorated walls, usually dates and names by satisfied customers.  Top Right: Mexican decors that gives an authentic Mexican feel.  Bottom Right: Empty liquored bottle decors and some postcards.
If youre living or visiting Osaka and craving for Mexican cuisine, here is El Pancho's address:
El Pancho: Shinsaibashi
Shinsaibashi-suji 1-10-1, Shinsaibashi Tower Bldg 8F. ( The building in front of Zara and just beside the stairs/escalator to Crysta Mall and Shinsaibashi station.)
Theyre Open from 11:30am to 11:20pm daily. Theyre also open on Sundays! Yay!:D

Note: Please visit my friend`s blog too for nail arts, fashion and easy yummy recipes!:) Click this link!  http://rikangelifestyle.blogspot.jp/

No comments:

Post a Comment