Friday, August 3, 2012

Summer Bright Red Lips + Japanese Drugstore Lipstick, Eyeliner and Mascara Review

Summer Bright Red Lips, Natural Eye Shadow Colors and Simple Winged Eyes



     Im not really a fan of the Summer season ever since I moved here to Osaka.  Japan`s humid summer is too hot and icky that sometimes you just dont want to put anything on your face but sunscreen or sunblock! But there will always be a time when you need to get dolled up and look fab even on torturous hot summer days. I say drop the dramatic, dark and heavy makeup. Give the black smokey eyes a break for awhile and go for makeup that will make you look simple, fresh and fab at the same time!


    Bright red lips will make your face stand out even when your wearing natural and simple eye makeup. For my Summer bright red lips look,  I chose Canmake Creamy Touch Rouge Lipstick in Cherry Red.  Canmake is one of the most popular and affordable drugstore makeup here in Japan. Its very popular among Japanese teens and their packaging is super cute and girly.  Canmake is like a drugstore version of the high end brand, Jill Stuart, I think.;) I super love Canmake lipsticks and im digging this cherry red color these days!:D♥  The lipstick is semi-matte, glides on smoothly and it doesnt dry the lips. The creamy texture even moisturizes the lips, I think.:D


 Also on the lower right side of the picture below is a mascara/eyeliner combo I used for my eyes. The combo`s brand is Naris Up. Im not familiar with the brand but for a mascara/eyeliner combo its really super affordable and the quality is surprisingly good! I bought it for only 1300yen!:D  The only thing I didnt like about it is the cheap packaging. Im a sucker for cute and stylish packaging but Im also the type of person who believes in the saying "Dont judge a book by its cover".  As for makeup, "Dont judge a makeup by its price and packaging". ;D Both mascara and eyeliner doesnt say its waterproof so, I assume that it isnt but when I tried the eyeliner and mascara on,  it didnt rub off easily! Which I actually like especially on hot summer days when my face gets oilier than usual. I think im going to buy this combo again next time.:)



Canmake Creamy Touch Rouge Lipstick in Cherry Red and Naris Up Mascara/Eyeliner Combo


From left to right, top to bottom (For Face): Moisturizer with SPF, Foundation, Highlighter Pen, Concealer, Face Powder, Orange Blush, Bronzer and Highlighter Powder. 
For the Eyeshadow Colors:  Shimmery Beige, Matte Brown and Shimmery White Eyeshadow.

 Quick How To
  1. Apply your favorite day moisturizer with SPF and foundation. (For lighter coverage just mix moisturizer and foundation together, making a DIY tinted moisturizer) Cover your dark circles with concealer then lighten them using a highlighter pen and set your face with face powder using a powder brush for a lighter application.
  2. For my eyes. I just chose a shimmery beige color all over my lids,  matte brown for the outer V corners and crease area and a shimmery white eyeshadow to highlight my brow bone area and my lower lash lines.
  3. Apply your choice of liquid black eyeliner on your lids, making a simple winged eye effect. Curl your lashes and apply waterproof black mascara.
  4. Define and shade your brows.
  5. Brush on an orange blush just above the apples of your cheeks. 
  6. Contour your face with bronzing powder. Highlight your forehead, top part of cheeks, cupids bow, and top of your nose with highlightingb powder.
  7. Apply your choice of bright red lipstick. Pucker up and face summer looking fresh and fabulous! goodluck!:)


NOTE: Heres the website for Canmake and Naris Up Makeup.

http://www.canmake.com/en/elip/item_lip018.html

No comments:

Post a Comment